Monday, August 15, 2005

Should We Be Surprised?

The idea of a book on the undergraduate life written by a professor posing as an undergraduate student is certainly an interesting notion...maybe even a book I would read. A professor did this very thing. Some of her "fascinating" and "interesting" findings are really more like "no duh" finidings if you ask me. For instance, she finally understands why students don't do the readings for class. C'mon, professors were undergrads once, don't they remember what it is like? I have no doubt, though, that this book will focus on the stereotypical college student (drinking beer, having sex) rather than than paying a little bit of respect to those students who don't fit that mold. That being said, it's neat to get a sneak peak at her book by clicking here. Many of us who lived in the dorms can identify with her experiences.

(HT: Internet Monk)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

An interesting article about what I'm sure is an interesting book. I don't think I'll read it, no time and all that, but I'm sure her research is interesting. You're probably right about her focus in the book, although what I think is more interesting even than the possible research are the ethical issues on which so many of the comments to the article were focused. On a related side note - you're becoming a regular blogger - with HT's and everything! Incidentally, though, your link to Internet Monk does not work.