Monday, November 14, 2005

A Moral Compass?

I read this on christianitytoday.com. It is a good starter piece on "walkin' the walk" (the Christian walk, that is). As we see in just a very short time, holiness is not an easy process, but one that is rigorous and demands accountability.

Speaking of a moral compass, the Saudi's are lacking one. A Saudi teacher has been sentenced to 40 months in prison and 750 lashes in a public square (that's 50 a week) for "mocking religion." According to a Saudi newspaper he discussed the Bible and praised Jews. This type of punishment is commonplace in this country where practicing of any religion other than Islam is forbidden.

3 comments:

Chris Knight said...

Hey man, just randomly came to your blog from that "Next Blog" button thingy on my own. Nice work! You and your girlfriend make a very lovely couple together :-) I posted on this article too earlier today. Why do we keep supporting that government? They're *known* to be one of the most anti-Christian states in the world. Anyway, just wanted to send you a hearty hello. Keep up the good work!

God bless,
Chris

Teresa said...

Don't know if you ever mosey on over to msn.com, but I thought I'd bring this article to your attention since you wrote that post on torture earlier (and, it's by your favorite Senator ;)):

McCain's article

Kevin said...

Christopher,
Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.

Teresa,
Thanks for the link. I just received my copy of Newsweek and was pleasantly surprised to see Sen. McCain (President McCain in 08???) on the cover!