Sunday, September 18, 2005

Male Leadership?

This is not so much a post defending male leadership, as one that wonders where it's at. I'm wondering where the male leadership is in the FCA at my little brother's high school. I was home for a few brief moments this weekend, and while there, I noticed that all five of the office holding positions in FCA were held by girls. Now, I'm not saying these girls aren't capable leaders. In fact, I know that at least two of them are. However, this makes the second year (perhaps third) of all female leadership. I'm wondering why the guys are not rejecting passivity, accepting responsibility, leading courageously, and expecting God's greater reward. Heck, I'd settle for them just rejecting passivity. I'm wondering what this says about these young men with regards to their future spiritual leadership. The class officers in my brother's class are predominately male (the same goes for the other classes). I wonder if this is a sign indicating that the guys view spiritual leadership as more of a girl thing. Whatever the case, I do hope there is a change with more of these young men stepping up to the leadership plate. And just for background, this is a very small community and school, average class size is 15.

No comments: