Monday, June 27, 2005

Iraqi Christians

Here is a great story about evangelicals in Iraq. What an encouragement it is to read this. I believe there is much I can learn from watching the lives of evangelical Iraqi Christians. My favorite quote from this story comes from the Catholic archbishop in Iraq who is very critical of Iraqi evangelicals. However, he concedes that Iraqi evangelicals appear ready to die for their beliefs. "'Sometimes I'm telling myself they are more zealous than me, and we can profit from this positive dimension of their mission,'" he says. I would agree with the archibishop. The article also discusses how there is a long standing tradition of Iraqi Muslims and Christans not proselytizing. One Iraqi Christian said that if a Muslim wanted to become a Christian he would tell him to go back and be a good Muslim, God would accept him. Thus, the quest for avoiding conflict leads too many down a dark path. All the more reason why the evangelical Christian church in Iraq must be supported

No comments: