Wednesday, February 01, 2006

State of Illusion

Here's a column by Newsweek columnist Anna Quindlen about the state of America today.

Here's my letter to the editor I sent to Newsweek:

As a conservative, I seldom agree with Anna Quindlen. However, I do
agree with her conclusion that it is hard to paint a completely rosey picture of
America (State of Illusion, Feb 6). But not for the reasons she
cited. Instead, America cannot be portrayed as stronger than ever when we
have allowed 45 million babies and counting to be murdered in the genocide
called abortion.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Excellent point (not one that very many people would see/mention) - let me know when it gets published. Also - how'd you do the cool " thing? I've started a series of 5 posts about abortion. I think I get too worked up over it to really make sense.

Kevin said...

To display that quote thing, there's a button on your "new post" toolbar.

J. Smith said...

Fantastic point, Kevin. It's a tragic state of affairs when the Nation that I have loved since my birth does not even shed a tear over the loss of so many American lives. The War on Evil has had a great deal more casualties than all human wars throughout history put together. The most insidious deaths, however, have been those where the fallen were not even given the chance to fight. They were quietly and secretly smothered without even the chance to "cry out against the darkness."

Excellent post and quote.