Saturday, December 03, 2005

The Ministry

From George Muller:

"Many more people have been convicted of sin through brother Craik's preaching than my own. This is probably because brother Craik is more spiritually minded than I am, and he prays more earnestly for the conversion of sinners than I do. He addresses sinners in his public ministry frequently. This led me to more earnest prayer for the conversion of sinners. Since then, the Lord has used me as an instrument of conversion much more often."

Isn't it interesting that Muller didn't say he became more bold in his preaching or addressing sinners. Instead he prayed more for those that don't know Christ, and because of that, people came to know Christ. It is good to read this that testifies to the fact that God does the work, not us.

No comments: