Tuesday, October 03, 2006

And Then I Sat In Utter Disbelief

I don't know why I'm always so shocked when I read about people's attitudes toward abortion. I guess I forget how selfish we as a people are. That explains why I could hardly believe my eyes as I read about the campaign by Ms. magazine to proudly showcase women who have had abortions. When you read this story you will encounter a certain woman from Mississippi who tells the story of her abortion:

Jones said she got an abortion 10 years ago-enduring harassment from protesters when she entered the clinic-in order to finish high school. She went on to become the first member of her family to graduate from college, and hopes at some point to attend law school.
"I wanted to do something bigger with myself-I didn't want to be stopped by anything," she said in a telephone interview.

I think that that statement speaks for itself. It's unfortunate that we as a people have become so callous to the travesty of abortion.